The best way to fight the crooked real estate system is to know about it! Below are a series of links to aligned causes, current legal proceedings about relevant issues, and historical documents about New York City space activism.
- Five Things You Can Do About Gentrification in New York City, Tom Angotti
- Get W.A.G.E Certification to set a bar for fair business practices between cultural producers and institutions
- BFAMFAPhD's extensive analysis of who's getting arts degrees, and the unprecedented debt burdens which come with them
- Industrial Zoning Report by the New York City Council
These flyers are perfect for printing out and spreading the word. Leave them at a coffee shop, slip them under your studio mates' doors (no one will know it's you!) or staple them to an old-fashioned bulletin board—anywhere a human can see!
- Action flyer! Artist studio rent has become completely unaffordable.
- Small Business Jobs Survival Act information sheet from TakeBackNYC
- Open Letter to all NYC councilmembers who haven't signed on. We are trying to get some high profile art people you might happen to have the email of. Let us know when you've gotten someone to sign so we can add them to the list!